Visual Effect – Flip
Flip from one image to the next with alternating images
Flip the most commonly used effect is a combination of 2 or 3 images that allows you to view the individual images from a different angle, either as you flip a card or pass by a poster.
VERTICAL – The effect is apparent when you pivot the lenticular image from side to side (left to right or visa-versa), or at a lateral angle to the ob- server. This is the only orientation used for the 3D effect, and for large formats or items posted on the wall. (Example: Posters and counter Ads) Effect is viewed as you walk by.
HORIZONTAL – The effect is visible when the lenticular is pivoted in a horizontal manner (up and down or visa-versa). Usually handheld items in smaller format.
- Images or photos: Minimum of 300 dpi (pixels/inch) in its final format
- Film or video: High Definition (HD)
ATTACHMENT / INCLUSIONS
- Attach the character font to be used or send as vector.
- Include the images and illustrations related to the documents.
TO BE AVOIDED
- Small fine fonts (less than 10 points) and fine lines are difficult to reproduce.
- A deep colour contrast between two successive images leaves behind a ghosting of the darker image onto the lighter one (making an undesired phantom effect).
TYPE OF FILE
- TIP (tif) in RGB at final format + bleed (margin lose of 0.125 in). This document is a Flip effect.
- It is always preferable to include the images as its own complete file (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), in case we need to access the file to maximize the quality of the text or graphic images in its final stage.
A lenticular sheet can be die cut as per your requirements. A dieline as Illustrator file in vector should be supplied.
The lenticular sheet filters light and therefore can be back like for a spectacular effect.
Large format lenticular images are also available. This format is best used for exhibitions or shows, and large interior or exterior spaces. The resolution required is a minimum of 100 ppi. The maximum size is 4 feet x 8 feet, bigger formats can be done but assembled as a mosaic (tiling/ montage).