Visual Effect – Animation
Scrolling of images/frames in sequence that seem like a video
Animation is a sequence of images/frames that can mimic movement like a video depending on the number of frames. A lenticular animation effect can include 12 to 64 images/frames.
VERTICAL – The effect is apparent when you pivot the lenticular image from side to side (left to right or visa-versa), or at a lateral angle to the ob- server. This is the only orientation used for the 3D effect, and for large formats or items posted on the wall. (Example: Posters and counter Ads) Effect is viewed as you walk by.
HORIZONTAL – The effect is visible when the lenticular is pivoted in a horizontal manner (up and down or visa-versa). Usually handheld items in smaller format.
- Images or photos: Minimum of 300 dpi (pixels/inch) in its final format
- Film or video: High Definition (HD)
ATTACHMENT / INCLUSIONS
- Attach the character font to be used or send as vector.
- Include the images and illustrations related to the documents.
TO BE AVOIDED
- Small fine fonts (less than 10 points) and fine lines are difficult to reproduce.
- A deep colour contrast between two successive images leaves behind a ghosting of the darker image onto the lighter one (making an undesired phantom effect).
TYPE OF FILE
- QuickTime Movie (.mov) / animated Gif (.gif) / MPEG Movie (.mpg) – High Definition (HD)
- If you need to add a logo or graphic elements to the animation file, you must supply the data as a PDF final format (including 0.125 inches bleed) so we can integrate the data.
- If you are converting the file from a video, ensure that you do not use any form of compresion which can alter the quality of the image.
A lenticular sheet can be die cut as per your requirements. A dieline as Illustrator file in vector should be supplied.
The lenticular sheet filters light and therefore can be back like for a spectacular effect.
Large format lenticular images are also available. This format is best used for exhibitions or shows, and large interior or exterior spaces. The resolution required is a minimum of 100 ppi. The maximum size is 4 feet x 8 feet, bigger formats can be done but assembled as a mosaic (tiling/ montage).