Lenticular concepts have incredible power to attract the eye, grab the attention and increase retention of targeted audiences. In a single image we can also convey multiple high-impact messages! This is a highly efficient marketing tool to imprint a company, a brand or a product in consumers’ minds.
Increased Stopping Power
Lenticular concepts have 5 times more chances to stop consumers in their tracks & grab their attention.
Eyeball Staying Power
An ad containing a lenticular message is 2 times (2 X) more effective than the standard advertisement, since the consumers will spend double (2X) the time viewing it.
The message in a lenticular ad is retained by four times (4X) more consumers compared to a standard ad. Even after several weeks, the branding message is still remembered.
With all these advantages the lenticular advertising concept and promotions, increases your visibility, and ultimately the “Power of Influence” to the consumer’s decisions and purchasing behavior increasing your ROI (Return on Investment).
A few stats to support these statements
Here are a few numbers (stats) published by Time Magazine comparing lenticular and traditional printing:
- 96% of their readers recalled the brand messaging of a lenticular ad.
- 91% of their readers acknowledged reading more than half the article related to the lenticular ad. These numbers dropped significantly 30% to 40% for the regular ad.
- 72% of their readers recalled not only the brand messaging of the lenticular ad but the company as well.
- 62% of respondents admitted feeling more attracted to companies using this method of advertising.
Rule of thumb, every marketer knows that a regular direct mail will generate 1-2% response rate and it takes, on average, at least 3 repeats to produce significant results. However, a lenticular promotional concept developed for CIBA Vision generated a 9.5% responses rate in a single mailing. Other companies that have invested in similar activities have reported comparable results; some even higher responses rates (13% in one case).
Another case study regarding a famous European alcoholic beverage company using a lenticular display with their product in 3 test stores, dem- onstrated that 21% of consumers that usually did not drink their brand, felt attracted to the display and thought they aught to give it a try. 15 days later, the beverage company returned to the test stores and asked consumers if they remembered the display:
- 91% of the consumers recalled seeing the display.
- 31% asked about the product.
- 34% could not recall what the competitors display (conventional 2D printed) looked like.
- 1.3 % demonstrated a change in brand loyalty.